No, so far there is no printed version.
We market our books ourselves, and covering the entire English-speaking world with printed versions is still a challenge – but we are working on it. If anyone has contact with a reputable publisher, we would appreciate their support.
Here we have compiled some advice if you have not yet installed an eBook yourself on your respective electronic reading device.
You have three formats to choose from for the book “Alkohol adé”:
MOBI (e.g. for Amazon Kindle)
EPUB (e.g. for Mac/iOS and others)
PDF (can be read by most devices, but has occasional weaknesses in the display).
eBook on Amazon Kindle
Amazon’s Kindle can read MOBI format as well as PDF, among others.
- If you have a file in one of these formats, all you need to do is copy it to the Documents folder on the Kindle via Windows Explorer or Mac Finder using the USB cable. The folder is located in the root directory of the Kindle.
- properly disconnect the Kindle from your computer. After that, the file will appear in the table of contents. Enjoy reading!
An alternative method is to mail the file to Kindle. This is how it works:
- Your Kindle must be registered with Amazon, otherwise this will not work
- During registration you will receive / received a mail address for your Kindle, to this address the book file must be sent. The address can be found on Amazon under the following (unfortunately very hidden) path: “My Account” / “Digital Content and Devices” / “Content and Devices” / “Settings” / “Personal Documents Settings”.
- BUT … sending only works from an approved address (explained at Amazon). To prevent spam, Amazon says, your devices only receive documents from mail addresses that you have pre-approved. But this process is well explained here at Amazon. You can also find information on how to use your Kindle mail address here.
- After that you can read the documents on the Kindle, by the way, this also works with a whole range of other file formats. You can find more information here at Amazon.
For other devices such as tablets or PCs, there are a number of free ebook readers, each with their own procedures for uploading.
With the free program Calibre you can manage both on Windows and Apple, that is, convert, upload or even read directly in Calibre.
Mac: Move book file from laptop to iPad
If the book file arrived in your mail program on the stationary computer or laptop, please use Airdrop
- open Airdrop on your Mac
- place the iPad or iPhone next to it
- wait until you see the icon of your iPad or iPhone
- drag the program file to the icon of your iPad or iPhone
- follow the instructions on the screen of your iPad or iPhone
The book is the research of science journalists. Even if one of them is a licensed physician – an individual answer to questions can neither be provided in time nor would it be serious. Neither the book nor this website is medical advice. Please clarify medical questions with your doctor, this is the best way – he knows you and can also examine and care for you personally.
In addition, we recommend that you search for medical questions in the bye bye, booze! forum and, if you can’t find a discussion about it yet, start it there with a forum post. Often you will get valuable additional information from other members.